Homemade Beeswax Lip Balm Recipe [Natural & Toxin Free!]
Makes 20 lip balm containers.
- 3/4 cup beeswax [block, grated or chopped)
- 3/4 cup cacao butter or shea butter.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 60 drops peppermint essential oils (about 3/4 tsp) [*optional]
- Empty lip balm containers
- In a double boiler, or a heat-safe bowl nestled on top of a pot of simmering water over medium low heat, combine beeswax, cacao butter and coconut oil.
- Heat for about 10 minutes until the mixture is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in desired essential oils.
- Pour the mixture into a glass cup or a measuring cup with a spout.
- Carefully pour into the empty lip balm containers and fill them up 3/4 full.
- Let them cool for 30 minutes before putting on the lid.
*You can experiment with difference scents using a variation of essential oils; however be mindful of the quality of essential oils you’re using as not all EO’s on the market are safe for skin use.